Happy Friday girls! Now as we are heading into Autumn you may not exactly be thinking that you need to get that bikini body, however as I fly out to Malta on September 30th it is at the fore front of my mind. I want to make sure that I feel fit, healthy and confident by the time the plane takes off destined for sunshine! I am going to dedicate myself to my healthy lifestyle because I know this is how you get the best results. Fad diets, 'magic pills' and fasts never work. The key being to stay focused on healthy eating and dedicate myself to exercising six days a week. To be perfectly honest with you getting my workouts in is never usually a problem but I do struggle with chocolate and biscuits in the evenings sometimes so I need to focus on eating mindfully. The YogaBabe Beat This Summer Challenge really helped with mindful eating and I am planning on refocusing on this. Feel free to join on in with me if you like! I will as always be checking in daily on Instagram.
- Drink water and lots of it. I am going to focus on drinking at least 60oz of water a day.
- Hot lemon water each morning. This aids digestion and gives your metablism a kick start. I like to add a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar as well.
- Practice yoga daily. I have found that my incorporating daily yoga into my lifestyle I feel much more balanced and I also don't ache following a run or a tough workout like I used to!
- Exercise six days a week, a mix of cardio, yoga and strength training.
- No fizzy drinks or soda.
- No refined carbs like white bread. I find these bloat me and are best avoided, instead I will be eating plenty of complex carbs. Remember is is a bad idea to cut carbs out of your diet because your body needs them in order to burn fat.
- Stop eating 2-3 hours before bed - the body needs time to digest
- Grapes / melon / berries
- An apple
- Raw veg ~ I like sliced peppers or carrots.
- Nakd Bars
- Soreen (a malt, fruit loaf)
- A handful of almonds