Hang in there it's almost Friday! Today I am sharing with you a breakdown of one of my favourite yoga poses ~ Dancer's Pose. I am still working on becoming deeper in the back bend but it is a very accessible pose for everyone. Free your hips, open your heart and breathe in the balance.
- Inhale to up Tadasana, mountain pose.
- Take your left elbow to your left hip.
- Grab the inside of your left foot and press your foot back into your left hand. Allow this movement to take you forward into a back bend.
- Find a spot to focus on. It will help you balance.
- Keep pushing your foot into your hand. This will lock the pose.
- Try to drop your tailbone down to release your lower back.
- Slowly come back up and release. Shake it out!
- Repeat on the opposite side.
- Take a step back and release into downward dog.