This is a recipe which I tried tonight and it was so good I had to share it with you all. It is such a yummy dish, healthy, clean and it really is just like pizza without the bloat! I used the base recipe from Madeleine Shaw but changed the topping to my liking and what I had in the fridge. A little warning... if like me you don't have a food processor it can get a little messy in the kitchen chopping up the cauliflower. But trust me, a little mess is worth it!
Ingredients ~ makes 2 pizzas.
- 1 cauliflower
- 2 eggs
- sea salt
- 1 tbsp of oregano
- 3 tbsp of flour
- 1 can of tomatoes
- 1 tsp of dried rosemary
- 1 white onion
- coconut oil
- 1 courgette
- 1 pepper
- a little cheese to your liking
- 1 tsp of chilli flakes
- Set the oven to 180ºC.
- Take your cauliflower, cut off the green stalks. Cut it up roughly and pop it into the food processor and pulse it until it is finely pulsed.
- If you don’t have a food processor chop it up with a knife, be patient and prepare to get your kitchen messy!
- Once you have done this place the chopped cauliflower in a bowl with the eggs, a large pinch of salt, the oregano and flour.
- Mix together to form a dough and split into two.
- Spread 2 tsp of coconut oil onto baking trays.
- Place one half of the 'dough' on a baking tray and flatten out with a spoon until you form a circle just under 1cm high. Repeat with other half.
- Place them both in the oven to cook for 20 mins.
- Make the topping by cutting the white onion up very small, sauté it is 1 tbsp of coconut oil with the rosemary on a medium heat with a pinch of sea salt for 5 minutes.
- Add in the can of tomatoes and cook for another 5-10 minutes. Cut up your courgette and pepper and sauté on medium heat for 10 minutes. By this time it will be time to take the base’s out.
- Evenly divide and pour the tomato mixture onto the bases, then follow with a little cheese or however much you like. Add the courgettes and peppers to the top. Sprinkle over the chilli flakes and cook both pizzas for another 5 minutes until the edges slightly crisp.
- Serve up and enjoy!
You can thank me later :)