The full moon can be a powerful time and there is one tonight! So I am sharing with you a few of my manifestation tips for the full moon. They will enable you to harness the lunar energy and use it to manifest and harness your own power and energies. Now I know I sound a little hippy dippy here but here me out - I fully believe in the power of the moon cycle and the intentions we can set with it. Within our yoga practice we often work with the yin and yang energies, especially within a vinyasa flow yoga sequence. These energies can also be seen as solar and lunar. Solar energy is much more fiery, warm, active and outwardly orientated where as lunar energy is cooler and inwardly focused. In yoga we aim to balance these two energies. The lunar energy around the time of the full moon encourages use to slow down, listen to what is going on inside and be receptive to change. Moon salutations are beautiful to practice on the evening of a full moon. I will be weaving them throughout my classes tonight.
5 Manifestation Tips for the Full Moon
1. Create a sacred space. This doesn't have to be anything crazy. Maybe find a space by a window so you can allow the full moon to shine her light, set out any crystals you like to work with or mala beads, or both! Light a candle or two. I like to sit cross legged, close my eyes and for a couple of minutes just allow myself to arrive in the space. Take a nice, deep inhale and a nice, deep exhale. If you want to take it outside, by all means - do that!
2. Write down your intentions. I always find that my intentions have more of an impact if I put pen to paper. Make them positive and keep them short. Write down anything that you would love to do but keep putting off - do it! Create a goal for the soul.
3. Remove any blocks. Is there anything that is stopping you from bringing your intention into reality? Any blocks or negativity? Think about it for a moment and then think about what you can do to remove that block. Perhaps a more positive mindset? Maybe you need to connect to someone and ask for help. Whatever it is see what you can do to get the ball rolling.
4. Be honest with yourself and your own energy. That way to allow yourself to be open to the greater energy force of the universe and you can then manifest these new energies. Let go of any energy or thoughts that are no longer serving you, making space for something new.
5. Seal in your intentions with a slow, mindful yoga practice. Perhaps a few moon salutations or some simple cleansing twists. Send blessings to people in need - healing energy, kindness, forgiveness. In addition you can send peaceful energy out into the world to any place suffering from war, poverty or hardship. This creates good karma within the world.
Lets chat Are there any full moon manifestation rituals that you do? I would love to know.
FYI If you are looking for a break away from the hustle and bustle of daily life then I would love for you to join us on a weekend yoga retreat to Devon. It's the perfect place to set new intentions and bring self care into your life. Get in touch!