Oh my gosh, just where has this year gone? I have spent the last week at my parents house in Cumbria and as I have had some much needed downtime I have also had some time to reflect on 2015 and all the amazing things which have taken place! So before we move forward into 2016, which I have a feeling is going to be amazing, I'm taking some time to reflect on the past year.
JBY Yoga Classes
As you will know I teach regular yoga classes in and around the Bristol area. My intention moving into 2015 was to make my business work. I took the leap of going self employed in October 2014, there has been some scary moments, I had to cut everything back to the bare bones budget wise but it's been worth it every step of the way! I am now teaching nine regular weekly classes and we have built up beautiful yoga tribe within them. I love teaching each of my weekly classes and I cannot wait to build on these in the new year. If I can give you any advice from my experience this year it is this - if you have a passion for something and wish to share it with the world, do not hesitate, take the leap and go for it with your whole heart!
JBY YouTube Channel
I launched the JayneBeccaYoga YouTube channel in January and I love filming videos. I aim for every Friday and I done pretty well keeping up with this. I have have over 400 subscribers which isn't a lot compared to some but we all have to start from somewhere and build on it! I like the fact that I can speak to you all on camera and share my love for yoga with people around the world.
One of the biggest highlights for me this year was leading my very first yoga retreat in Devon. My friend and fellow yogi Tracy was our raw food chef for the weekend, my good friend Kayleigh came along to join in and help out and Matt made sure he was on call if we needed him for such things as an emergency herbal tea run. I am looking forward to my next retreat in March and I am sure it will be just as magical!
Another amazing highlight of this past year for me was travelling to London for the day for a class with Rachel Brathen, it was truly inspirational and a day which I will never forget.
Top Posts of 2015
Here are the most popular posts from 2015 and my reflections.
- Devon Weekend Yoga Retreat Recap - As I said above this was one of the most magical yoga weekends! Leading my first retreat was something which I will never forget. It brought together a bunch of amazing women and I am so thankful that each and every one of the has crossed my path.
- Alo Yoga Goddess Leggings Review - I had a lot of fun shooting the photos for this post with Matt. It's also something I would like to do more of - get him involved as my slave photographer for some yoga shoots next year. I would also love to do some acro yoga with him ;)
- Deliciously Ella Cookbook | My Thoughts - I love this cookbook because it has such simple vegan recipes in it. I'm not one for spending hours in the kitchen so this cookbook is a must in my house. As I sit writing this in my room at my parents I just cannot wait to get back into the kitchen when I get home!
- Three Easy Ways to get your Daily Yoga Fix - One of my collaborative posts with OM Yoga Magazine who I have loved working with throughout this year and I look forward to working with in 2016.
- How to do Forearm Stand | Video - I was surprised as to how well this video has done, I thought that I had shot it badly at the time (I was still getting used to setting up the camera and tripod for shoots by myself) but I like the way I came across on camera. I always try to think of chatting to the camera like a friend or just as I do in a yoga class.
- How to use a Yoga Strap - I often think that sometimes people are a little bewildered in using props so I enjoyed explaining how I use a yoga strap in my practice and I hope it helped!
- Vinyasa Flow Yoga Playlist #3 - By far the top question I get at the end of a yoga class is 'What was that song...' so I started publishing a few of my yoga playlists as requested. For me my self practice really developed stronger once I started to pop on a playlist, close my eyes and go with the flow and the music.
I like to think of my blog not only as a place where I can share my thoughts and journey with you all but as a place where we can come together as a community and a tribe. Everything I create I do for you guys. Heading into 2016 I would like to focus on building up some more free video content via my YouTube channel and working on some exclusive content too! Make sure that you are subscribed to my newsletter to be the first in the know.
As some of you may know I am taking my Strala Intensive training in March and I cannot wait to share everything I have learnt with you all. I love learning and growing so that I can grow as a teacher and a human. March retreat yogis are in for a treat as I will be fresh from my Strala training the week before!
Sometimes I get messages of thanks or people stop by after class to tell me things which they have achieved and how I have helped them and it just makes my heart so so full, happy and shining! I love being of service to my students in Bristol and beyond. If there is ever anything at all that I can help with or you would like a video on then please do let me know.
I wish you all an amazingly happy and beautiful 2016! Thank you all so much for your continued support.