Hello January! Well I have to say with the whole getting engaged on New Year thing I'm loving 2016 so far ;) I made the intention for 2016 to be an amazing year. 2015 was so good in so many ways and you can read all about that in my Year in Review 2015 post. With that in mind and having so many ideas for the blog and my YouTube channel I thought that I would set some intentions each month beginning with my January 2016 intentions and publish them here for the world to see! At the beginning of each month I will reflect on the past month and set intentions for the upcoming month. My hope is that by sharing them with you guys it will not only motivate myself but perhaps act as a dose of inspiration for you guys as well!
- Cultivate a daily practice of 6 days a week. Sometimes when teaching 9 classes a week I don't make it to my mat everyday apart from just before class as a pre-class practice. During the holidays I loved making space and time just to play on my mat with no expectations. This is something I wish to follow throughout this month.
- Make time to meditate daily. Even if it's just 5 minutes.
- Have courage + be kind. My mantra for this month - live it!
- Find gratitude in the little things, every damn day.
- Live in the present. This is something which I talk about a lot during my yoga classes and I want to make sure that I really live it. Especially when it comes to spending time with my fiancé (I just wanted to write that word #giggle), my friends and family.
- Make time to workout - run/ walking/ YouTube videos - 3x a week.
- Explore venues for the wedding!
- Post 3x a week one of which is a YouTube video on Fridays.
- Plan and draft blog posts in advance. Something which I am kinda bad at but I know on a time management perspective it would be more productive.
So that's it! I hope that by sharing these intentions for the month that I will be motivated to achieve my dreams and perhaps you will be inspired to do the same. We can do it together!
Do you have any motivational tips you would like to share? What are your 2016 intentions? Share by leaving a comment below or hitting me up on social media @jaynebecca