The new month is here. I love a new month because it's a new start, a clean slate. New goals and new intentions. At the same time I think that it is important to look back on what you have achieved over the past month rather than what you haven't. I think one of the biggest lessons I have learnt over the past month is that it doesn't matter how much you do or don't do but how consistently you show up, work hard but also find balance and EASE in your life - work, yoga, personal.
So let's have a little look at my January Intentions and what I did or didn't do over the past month.
- My personal yoga practice has been a little hit and miss this month but that's okay. I didn't practice 6 days a week like I intended, often it was 3-5 days a week. I think that sometimes all I need as a slow flow to stretch out the body and calm the mind. Not only is that okay, it's important!
- My January yoga workshop was on Saturday and I feel like it was a huge success! I have this knack as a teacher to have a 'box of tools' which I can utilise and thread together creative sequences. I don't have a detailed plan and I LOVE to go with the flow. I think it's more authentic that way. This is what happened in the workshop. We had a whole range of levels and it was so much fun!
- Wedding planning - oh. my. gosh. I honestly didn't realise how much places charge when the word 'wedding' is involved! If you have any suggestions for a laid back, boho style barn wedding in either Bristol/ Gloucestershire/ Devon/ Somerset or Cumbria that won't cost the earth then let me know.
- Gratitude - a huge part of my daily life is feeling gratitude for everything and I love that.
- Lastly my blogging goals - I started out well in the month and I do feel that over all January has been a good month for blogging. My audience seems to have grown which is always good. I didn't get a video up on Friday due to me losing some footage but I'm okay with that!
So let's get into February...
- Daily practice - but no pressure. It doesn't have to be a 90 minute practice of vinyasa, it can be just 10-15 minutes before bed. It doesn't matter!
- Keep learning! Let's brush up on some anatomy this month.
- Wedding planning - don't stress! Simple right? ;)
- I'm teaching more than usual this month covering classes AND I'm teaching at Lululemon Bath this coming Saturday morning. So if you are in the area I would love to see you there! As I am teaching more than usual I need to say no to any other offers of cover classes, otherwise I might burn out - self care and all that.
- Workout - Let's see if I can get back into a routine this month.
- Read! I love reading, it's the ultimate down time for me with a hot cup of tea. I need to make more time for this at weekends.
- Start saving again.
- Be more organised.
- Stick to the schedule of filming videos on a Tuesday. It really does make life easier!
There we go! I'm trying not to overload myself and I'll take every day as it comes. I think my best advice when setting intentions is not to be too hard on yourself if life gets in the way and to be authentic to yourself.
Have you set some intentions or goals for February? How do you keep yourself motivated? As always leave me a comment below or tweet me @jaynebecca