Happy Monday friends! I hope that your week has got off to a great start! It has been such a grey dull day here in Bristol that I have been hibernating today. I've got a super busy week coming up with group and private classes so I made the most of a quiet Monday. As the weather has been really grey I must apologise for the darkness of this video, I don't have studio lights and rely on daylight coming through my living room window - there wasn't much light today! Regardless I hope you will forgive me and you will find this video helpful. It is all about how to do baby grasshopper pose which is a really fun arm balance.
Baby grasshopper is an arm balance which is really accessible, if you have never tried it before give it a go! You might surprise yourself!
Yoga Tips for Baby Grasshopper
- Press evenly into the standing foot.
- Think about 'chaturanga' arms for the arm which is acting as a base.
- Spread the fingers of the base hand wide - think starfish hands.
- Engage the core to lift the hips.
- Flex the lifted foot, spread the toes and push the bottom of the foot into the hand.
Related: 40 Minute Feel Good Flow for Hips and Chest (features baby grasshopper).
Watch the video for how to get into it and please like and share the video if love it!
Shop the look!